Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Grandia 3 rumors

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    [Message deleted. Reason: 1.3.12 Spoilers]

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ March 31, 2004 06:36 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I guess so.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The previous posts included semi-spoilers. If you read them, you lose at the internet.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member UncleSeaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yea I was only joking about Grandia Xtreme being Grandia 3, since not many people seemed to play it heres a basic rundown.

    Barely any story, almost no towns, poor voice acting(I mean Mark Hamil for christsake) Some Charecters blatant rips of G2 chars. Unbeliveably short. However the one aspect of the game that drew me was the near perfect battle system. The possibilities were endless, more spells, mana egg fusion Team attacks. and so on.

    Sure there is no story or chaecter devlopment, but at the time I played it, I had just finished FFVI,Kingdom Hearts, and Suikoden II in quick sucession. All in in all the just straight up level up charecters and fight was a nice break from traditional RPG's. A good game, but not one of my top ones.

    But the info about Grandia 3 made me hump my armchair in excitement.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Omega-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi and whats up every one well I found this on some Xbox forum,trust me dont belive it,all of these guys are on some kind of dope.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "NOTE:SE stands for Square-Enix and MS or Ms stands for Microsoft

    There has been a lot of rumour and speculation about GameArts and their games making way to the xbox exclusively, these rumours were fueled by GameArts announcing GunGriffon Devine for the xbox showing atleast they were somewhat interested in the xbox console unlike their counterpart(Square-Enix). But can any of this rumours be true? I have been digging to find any info to put the rumours together with certain light. Some Info I got are as follows.

    First sometime last year there was an annonymous source saying he works for GameArts and that they were developing the next Grandia andLunar title exclusive to the xbox. Next came rumours of Ms signing a 5 year deal with GameArts for exclusive games and then OXM rumour mole said he'd heard thesame rumour of GameArts coming to xbox. Finally Egm has just reported a rumour of the next Grandia game hitting Japan this year and the U.S next year.

    Now OXM confirmed Ms was indeed in talks with GameArts 2 years ago in 2001/2002 but there is no confirmation if talks went on. Also Ms was reported to have shifted large sums into Japan to seal certain unknown deals or perhaps to simply bolster it's PC image. Then in 2002 Enix was said to have called GameArts to discuss their next project, how it went no one knows but a few months later Enix merged with Square and said GameArts was independent and free to develop for whoever they wanted to regardless of the fact that Enix holds shares worth 1million dollars in GameArts(odd thing to say with their hold on this company).

    Now the big question for me is just who is the publisher behind GameArts as I am certain SE will not be publishing Gun Griffon Devine for the xbox. After much thought certain publishers like Namco, Sammy and Sega seemed the obvious choice. But I have come to believe it might be SEGA/SAMMY since SEGA has had a strong relationship with the developer both Grandia 1 and 2 were originally released on SEGA consoles and SEGA pretty much is going into publishing deals like these just like the OTOGI publishing also there has been talks of some quality rpgs coming from SEGA and Sammy has made a statement to make SEGA like EA with billions of dollars in profit.

    My Guess: SE cannot afford to publish Grandia 3 if it is to release this year because it would clash with the Dragon quest and FF12 releases and right now SE is expending a lot of money on a FF7 movie along with development of Dragon quest 5,7 Final fantasy 12,full metal panic and a host of titles which makes SEGA the logical choice however if the game is scheduled to release in Japan it might be for the ps2 making SEGA or SAMMY the publishers or it just might be MS. Also it's possible that GameArt is developing a new IP for the xbox and not the Grandia series. Another plus for the xbox would be GameArt improves on their games(technially)making the xbox the console of choice. The finalisis of it would be Grandia 3 being multiplatform which I highly doubt their last porting jobs were awful and the games take a long time for one platform incubating before they ever release to ever be multiplatform.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Like I said dont belive this BS,why in the hell Game Arts and Square-Enix would let Grandia 3 and Lunar 3 go to the X-box

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the Granaboard Omega-X! This is Wiseman, the Granaboard moderator. I hope you enjoy our board!


    Heh, if that comes from an xbox board it's most surely bullshit made up by fanboys (same as if it'd come from PS2 boards).

    Upon reading, I can say these are rumors, mere speculations, vaporware, and rumors over rumors, speculations over rumors over rumors, etc. Heh, the guy is even thinking of who is going to distribute the game. And with sentences like "like EA with billions of dollars in profit" or "making the xbox the console of choice", it reeks of fanboyism, so it's definitely not to be taken seriously at all. It's not even good as a rumor.

    I won't comment on Square-Enix's strategy other than they know better than to waste efforts and money on the Xbox where the PS2 has a waaay larger user base, and out of these users, the PS2 has a 4xwaaay larger RPG lovers base.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Omega-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for having me here,you are 100% right,Xbox fan boys,LoL why get a Xbox when you have a high end PC,thats what I always say,I dont think Game Arts wont sell out/go to xbox,
    PS2 has a huge user/fan base,anyways dont for get about the Playstation 3 is just around the corner,maybe just may be Grandia 3 and Lunar 3 will go there.from what I heard and its no rumer that the PS3 will be out some were in the mid/late 2005.So lets hope for the future for those 2 game will be on the PS3.

  8. #28
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Odds are that I'll get a PS3; not that I'm a friend of sony ?I'd love to not have to buy a console from them for the rest of my life?, but fanboys buy millions of them, RPG gamers buy some more millions, and what's really important: because of this, RPG companies like Square-Enix work for it, so getting yourself sony's thing ensures you'll get the best (and the most) RPGs, which is what I seek.

    And most important of all, it looks like the Xenosaga will continue there [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Omega-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by -Wiseman-:
    Odds are that I'll get a PS3; not that I'm a friend of sony ?I'd love to not have to buy a console from them for the rest of my life?, but fanboys buy millions of them, RPG gamers buy some more millions, and what's really important: because of this, RPG companies like Square-Enix work for it, so getting yourself sony's thing ensures you'll get the best (and the most) RPGs, which is what I seek.

    And most important of all, it looks like the Xenosaga will continue there [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,sans-serif">-Wiseman- I am guessing that RPG's are a way of life with you.Well its a ways of life as for me.RPG's all the way.But what I dont get on what you said"Odds are that I'll get a PS3; not that I'm a friend of sony ?I'd love to not have to buy a console from them for the rest of my life"

    You are saying that you had some bad EXP with Playstation 2 and sony for that matter?

    Wel I ant a fanboy of any system,heck I just play the games.

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it just comes down to the poor chipset inside of the PS2 which drives a weaker graphical force than the Dreamcast (which was released almost a year earlier) and also the fact it uses cheap componants.
    Despite the fact that its the most technically inferior console out of the 3, the only thing that keeps the likes of me, Wiseman, and an abundance of other gamers buying Sony's lacklustre consoles, is the magnificent list of titles that it flaunts - and most attractive of all, the RPG's.
    I hope PS3 will be more impressive when put against its competition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •